(HIGHER Education Field- Linguistics)
The Master of Arts in Legal Translation and Interpreting (MALTI) responds to the high demand for translators and interpreters in the field of Law.
The academic track combines the theoretical and the applied foci. The professional specialization track provides for training in the legal field of translation and interpretation. The research track trains students for access to the doctoral field of Comparative Linguistics and Specialized Translation Studies.
2. The language of instruction is English.
3.TOTAL WORKLOAD is equal to 120 credits
4. Language Pairs:
The program develops students' Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to interpret and translate legal texts, working within the following language pair combinations:
English –Russian, English – French, English –Spanish, English –German, English –Chinese.
The second foreign language (Spanish, French, German Chinese, Russian for Foreigners) for translation and interpreting practice courses is subject to students’ choice.
5. Entry requirements for potential candidates –
Exam on Interpreting and Translation skills
The MALTI program accepts graduates with BA degrees
Full time program, including face-to-face sessions and students’ self studies.
7. LENGTH OF STUDIES is 2 years.
8. Master's Degree in Linguistics, specialisation in Legal Translation (a second Higher education degree for graduates of BA programs in Himanities )
9. Timetable: Classes start at 18.00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and at 9.00 on Saturdays.
10. Payment - 130 000 rubles per year